We are excited to meet motivated, caring individuals committed to developing their treatment and counseling skills.
Mental Health Practitioner
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the behavioral sciences from an
an accredited college or university and
- has at least 2,000 hours of experience providing services to individuals with:
- Mental illness, substance use disorder, emotional disturbance or
- Traumatic brain injury or developmental disabilities and completes training on mental illness, recovery from mental
illness, mental health de-escalation techniques, co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse, and psychotropic medications and side effects.
- Has at least 4,000 hours of supervised work experience in the delivery of services to adults or children with any of the following
- a mental illness or a substance use disorder; or
- a traumatic brain injury or a developmental disability, and completes the additional
training described in section
- Enrolled as a graduate student in one of the behavioral sciences or obtained a master’s or another graduate degree in one of the behavioral sciences from an accredited college.
ARMHS Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers
1. Be at least 21 years of age
2. Have a high school diploma or equivalent
3. Successfully complete 30 hours of training during the two years before hiring in each of the following areas:
- Member rights
- Member-centered individual treatment planning
- Behavioral terminology
- Mental illness
- Co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse
- Psychotropic medications and side effects
- Functional assessment
- Local community resources
- Adult vulnerability
- Member confidentiality
4. Meets one of the qualifications in a or b:
a. Has an associate of arts degree, two years of full-time postsecondary education, or a total of 15 semester hours or 23 quarter hours in behavioral sciences or related fields; is a registered nurse, or within the previous ten years has one of the following:
- Three years of personal life experience with serious and persistent mental illness
- Three years of personal life experience as primary caregiver to an adult with a serious mental illness, traumatic brain injury, substance use disorder, or developmental disability or
- 2000 hours of supervised paid work experience in the delivery of mental health services to adults with a serious mental illness or brain injury
b. Is fluent in a non-English language or competent in the culture of an ethnic group to which at least 20 percent of rehab worker’s recipients belong, and:
- Receives monthly documented individual clinical supervision during the first 2,000 hours of employment
- Has 18 hours of documented field supervision by a mental health professional or practitioner during the first 160 hours of contact work with members and at least six hours of field supervision quarterly during the following year
- Has review and co-signature of charting of recipient contacts during field supervision by a mental health professional or practitioner
- Has 15 hours of additional continuing education on mental health topics during the first year of employment and 15 hours during every additional year of employment
Other Licensed Positions at Cedar House, Inc.
- Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW)
- Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- Licensed Psychological Practitioner (LPP)
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
If you would like to submit your resume to Cedar House, please send it to the attention of Erin (Mikki) Zeller, MSW, LICSW at:
Cedar House, Inc.
329 Faribault Rd
Faribault, MN 55021
or email to: email@example.com
IMPORTANT: Please indicate the clinic location and position you are interested in on your cover letter. If you have questions, please get in touch with Erin (Mikki) at (507) 334-1983.